Which electric shower with low water pressure is suitabe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a block of flats, and like to install an electric shower. Previously had a basic mixer shower and have a combi boiler. My cold water flow rate is 10.7 litre per minute.

I was looking Mira Azora 9.8Kw with thermostatic control. Is that ok, my builder said I need a shower with a built in pump, as my pressure is low. The Mira Azora requires 0.7 bars min to operate.

What you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Mira Azora 9.8Kw

Minimum maintained inlet pressure 70 kPa (0.7 bar).
100 kPa (1.0 bar) recommended for satisfactory operation.

my builder said I need a shower with a built in pump

thn i'll have to be tank fed not on the mains.

what is your mains pressure readings ?

Mira Azora 9.8Kw

Minimum maintained inlet pressure 70 kPa (0.7 bar).
100 kPa (1.0 bar) recommended for satisfactory operation.

my builder said I need a shower with a built in pump

thn i'll have to be tank fed not on the mains.

what is your mains pressure readings ?

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry don't know but I think it meets the min 1 bar requirement. How can I test it, if it has 1 bar or not?

The builder in question is not so sure, but thinks it might be better to purchase electric shower with built in pump, but do I need it?

653_big.jpg

use a water pressure gauge
test for static & dynamic pressures.

Sponsored Links
Apart from this device, can I check any other way, without buying gadgets and from experiance do you find electric showers struggle with low water pressure?

Mira elite St is a tank fed pumped electric shower, azora is just mains but you should legally have 1 bar min pressure

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm confused as to what my options are. I have a combi boiler and live in a flat with a low water pressure area in London.

Correct me if I'm wrong I could:

1. Install a thermostatic mixer shower

2. Install a electric shower with a highest Kw, to get a better flow, but not sure how it'll cope with sometimes less than 1 bar of pressure

3. Can't install a 'power shower' with a built in pump, as it requires a tank fed, which is not in my council flat :?:

4. Install a pumb with a thermostatic mixer shower, to boost the water pressure for better flow.

Please advise me what my options, as I'm going round the bend! :mad:

Ok you have a combi so you are not able to put a pump it as you aren't allowed to pump the mains it's illegal. So either a thrmo shower or a high kw shower with the correct amp fuse, failing that look at the aqualisa digital stuff for mains fed systems. Or to get the best fit a accumulater to boost the mains water. I had a chap in London ex council house that had a combo fitted and it was still off the roof tank so check this also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back