New combi boiler. Prv pipe not outside

Sponsored Links
Ok, I'll get one at the weekend. But basically it is one single straight copper pipe from the boiler. Straight down about 60cm. Doesn't go into anything. Then a washing machine directly in front of it!

Sponsored Links
I have checked and they are gas safe registered!
It's impossible to see if it's dripping!
So are they correct that it can be done the way they've done it in a laundry? For example if there wasn't a washing machine in the way?
I've looked at the Worcester manual but it's a bit vague.
Thanks
Page 12 on the installation instructions clearly state that this pipe must terminate outside of the building, laundry, garage no matter what it MUST terminate outside , a tundish installation may be used to terminate into an internal drain but the correct pipe work has to be used , no open ends like you have is allowed

Thanks. Her installation instructions just have a diagram on page 12. I don't suppose there's a link to the instructions?

Ths seems to be all it says

• The pressure relief drain pipe (M) from the boiler should be at least 15mm diameter copper pipe and run downwards away from any electrics or other hazard, preferably to an external drain or soakaway. • Pipe (M) should be finished with a partial bend, near the outlet to face the external wall (as shown) to help prevent hazard.

We'd need to see this "laundry", if it's an outbuilding or has a floor drain then I can "sort of" see why they might be standing by their decision, but... If a customer pulled such an issue up with me, I'd probably just spend the extra 30 mins doing what they asked.

Exactly. The laundry room has an outside wall about 2.5 meters away!
It's the word 'preferably' that they'll probably try and argue.
There is no floor drain in the laundry. It's got a washer, washer dryer and a sink and cupboard. It has no radiator in it and it's where she keeps the beers which is great for winter but damn warm beers in the summer!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back