New combi boiler recommendation

gas4you said:
You can occasionaly qualify for a exemption certificate if your property gains enough points after a survey has been done. Can't see the point myself, never had a property where a condensing boiler can't be fitted. I won't even offer a survey to attain a certificate.

I have had about six in two odd years

mainly flats

Sponsored Links
sorry to hijack this thread guys.....but ive just had a new kitchen built and i have still got a biasi combi boiler in the kitchen...i have had it for the last 7 years along with british gas home cover....anyway, i want the boiler moved to the other side of the kitchen....does this mean i cannot move this boiler because it is a combi boiler?...as condenser boilers are the law now...cheers

You should really have started a new post :rolleyes:

You can move your existing combi to the other side as long as the installation position meets all current legislation. You may need nwew flue parts, but if boiler working ok then keep it.

gas4you said:
You should really have started a new post :rolleyes:

You can move your existing combi to the other side as long as the installation position meets all current legislation. You may need nwew flue parts, but if boiler working ok then keep it.

isnt there some rule that mean that if you move a boiler it MUST be replaced with a steamer??

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Steamer! Ain't that a gang of muggers on a train :LOL:

could be but am am two parts to the wind and cannot spell condensnasor

see

told ya

Corgi you dissapoint me! I thought you could hold your **** as well as you take it! :LOL:

I used to think this as well but was put right after losing several quotes because I insisted on a new condensing boiler being fitted. I checked with our lords and gods, corgi :evil: , and they said it was ok :eek:

We must have a booze up corgi asap, next course I do down your way ;)

Edit; Edited again what am I doing :oops:

Surely fitting one make of boiler you trust and know inside out is better than fitting the 'cheapest on offer each week' and you do not know its ins and outs :rolleyes:

I know I rant on about what I fit, but whatever anyone fits I feel if they always fit then they know it well enough to offer the customer a good and reliable install. If you stick to one manufacturer then you will get better deals and after sales service ;)

Edit; in reply to Chris and Paul ;)

gas4you said:
Corgi you dissapoint me! I thought you could hold your p**s as well as you take it! :LOL:

I used to think this as well but was put right after losing several quotes because I insisted on a new condensing boiler being fitted. I checked with our lords and gods, corgi :evil: , and they said it was ok :eek:

We must have a booze up corgi asap, next course I do down your way ;)

In my defence I have had a few :)

Would love to have apint or five matey, prefer it ooop your way, that way we can have summink else than shandy ;)

gas4you said:
Surely fitting one make of boiler you trust and know inside out is better than fitting the 'cheapest on offer each week' and you do not know its ins and outs :rolleyes:

I know I rant on about what I fit, but whatever anyone fits I feel if they always fit then they know it well enough to offer the customer a good and reliable install. If you stick to one manufacturer then you will get better deals and after sales service ;)

Edit; in reply to Chris and Paul ;)

Right enough. I wasn't really advising the OP to buy from the guy who fits the cheapest available every week. That wasn't my inension.

The question was from someone looking for which boiler to fit semi diy, and I was just trying to convey that it isn't a market with only one maker, and that only the so called "best" makers are the only ones to consider.

From your point of view, the positives you mention are so true. Furthermore the manufacturers service agents always give excellent response times and pull out all the stops for frequent installers who do a quality install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back