New combi on *internal* wall with flue kit through loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've (unfortunately) had to essentially remove most/all of the internals from our new-to-us home and would like a new Combi boiler system.

We've had one plumber around (so far) to talk us through everything that will need to be done (we're also moving an upstairs bathroom) and he suggested we put the boiler in our bedroom cupboard (which is the space over the stair well) where the current system's hot water tank is and flue the system up through the loft.

Because of the intricacies of the property, this does seem to be the most sensible option regarding positioning and price of installation (kitchen is too far away and would have to essentially be torn down to accomodate the new pipe work... getting any of the downstairs rooms fitted with either the gas or the mains water required for the system... loft space has A frames every metre or so so difficult for storage and access to it is a logistical nightmare...)...

Can anyone think of any *immediate* alarm bells?

I'm not concerned with noise from the system, we're light sleepers and we would be happy to noise insulate the space.

(I know I haven't listed all of the reasons that the 93892838 other spaces in the property aren't suitable but they're largely flue issues and if you ask specific questions I'd be more than happy to clarify.)

Any thoughts/brainstorming/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
What you are proposing is a common solution and should work fine
just make sure the gas pipe is sized properly ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back