New combi sizing - overspecced??!

I see. I have 25mm blue pipe coming in so a 22mm from there instead f the 15mm? Or upgrade the blue pipe?

Obviously I'm not going to e doing any of this myself but I like to know what I'm asking for a quote on!

Sponsored Links
Yyeo I understand about mains pressure affecting both which is why I got to the conclusion of might as well pick the combi!

But I want to get 3 quotes on what I've decided rather than keep swaying with the wind.

Is it easier/cheaper/quicker to install the uv in the same room as the boiler itself?

Very slightly easier or two 22 mm pipes and two wires between the two. All depends on the routing.

Also depends on where the water inlet and outlet connects are.

Sponsored Links
Yep. Currently comes in front door goes under house to back left corner and then goes up to tanks in loft and out the back from there. The only plumbing I have is kitchen in back left corner ground floor, boiler, dishwasher, washing machine downstairs shower and outside tap within 3 metres of each other in ground floor left hand corner. Bathroom is directly above the kitchen so every bit of water plumbing is in that corner. Rads excluded obviously.

I've now got in my mind to remove racking from utility room which houses boiler and put uv cylinder in there. Then pipes from cylinder would run exactly where they do now but just wouldn't need to go to and from loft.

So if I was to upgrade mains it is on one route from front door to this back left corner.

It would also remove cylinder and all pipes from my back bedroom which was an attraction of combi as I want to plaster it and put my lad in there but not with a cylinder too!

Also what did you mean by two wires between them?

I'm assuming it's nothing I need to worry about but interested to know what you meant?

Agile - last questions and then I'm done I promise.....

If you get two different readings for flow at two different mains appliances on a 15mm feed is it valid to use the higher one as an indicator of what is available for a uv? Assuming of course my installer runs a dedicated feed to it...

Also 18l/min flow on outside tap, would it be reasonable for an unvented with its own 22mm supply from stop tap to have plenty of flow for proper usage? It's force is unbelievable!

Just to round off this discussion I thought I'd give an update.

We decided on a combi in the end which was fitted today and so far so good!

Happy with flow rates and temperatures etc and it's what I wanted. Feels good to have the space back from the cylinder!

Also the boiler that was replaced was in a shocking state at the back so glad we did it now.

Cheers boys for all your help and advice, I know it's not the people's choice of solution but it works for me!

with all the advice given might as well-off been better to pis-ing in the wind

That's also what skewed us cos we had a combo there and it was just fine! So to the an ignorant knob head like me I can't help thinking well it did the job there how bad can it be?? I know I know!!

at least i could DECIDE how i could use my bell e-d .

Utter bell end agas.

Have a word with yourse

oh my heart bleeds:whistle::whistle::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back