New composite gate and side panel install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just received my order from screens with envy of a gate, 3 post and side panel.
After advice whether to bolt down to my block paving for the post or remove each block papers where the post are going and set concrete or postcrete with the supplied j bolts.
Cheers guys
Mark

Sponsored Links
Forget bolting down to block paving, better to remove paving and dig down and bury a concrete spur into the ground. Then bolt a post to the concrete spur, that way the timber post won't rot.

Andy

Sorry is was early when posted...they are aluminium post so won't rot. Thinking best way is to remove block, dig down a bit and fill with postcrete while holding j bolts in place. Under the 3 post

Sponsored Links
Surface mounted 6' I think they are to match 6' gate and side panel I ordered. Will have to measure when I'm home from work

You need to dig below the block paving, paving will support nothing. Some suggest the best way is to cast a concrete slab from side to side, the full width of the gates, to prevent the posts gradually leaning in towards the centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back