New consumer box

Exactly like that, will look for the MCBs on the web unless you guys know where the best deals are?

Sponsored Links
If by "on the web" you mean the websites of reputable suppliers, yes.

If you mean used ones off eBay - no.

But it's a daft idea anyway - not sure why joydivision thinks you should buy MCBs at 3x the price of normal ones for a new CU.

If you do fit them, how will you check that the earth fault loop impedance is OK for them?

Stop d****ng around and have an electrician replace the CU and get some RCD protection.

Obviously i don't mean dodgy ones off e-bay, proper wylex ones are about £8 including VAT so i get 7 for £56. I think the chap meant that the box i have has probably nothing wrong with it, and probably right as well. As you can tell i am no electrician but i like the sound of these RCD's, as for earth impedance i have been told you just replace like for like, bloody hell i'll need an electrician soon to replace a bulb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back