New cordless, Milwaukee or Bosch?

Sponsored Links
The Milwaukee has the advantage of a brushless motor (so you would expect better run time than the Bosch) and is a combi rather than drill/driver so on paper I'd choose the Milwaukee.

Personally, battery compatibility with my other cordless gear would swing it either way.

Neither is going to be a bad choice.

i have a very similar bosch,and a m8 had the Milwaukee and it failed(do not know the time scale),1 thing for sure you wont regret buying 1.
if only they had been around years ago,all that struggling with a 'yankee' :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
One other thought...

Given the two you've singled out have 4Ah batteries, I'm guessing they are going to get heavy use, mostly drilling or driving since the Bosch isn't a combi (correct me if I'm wrong). That means you are going to spend a lot of time holding it. If so, I think there is a lot to be said for getting your hands on them and choosing the one that feels right in your hand. Your local tool shop should be able to get close on price and a few quid extra to get the right one for you may be money well spent.

ntb.gotta agree there bud,
my bosch iirc is either a 2.8 or a 3 amp jobbie,but 1 thing i have added to it is a impact driver,since having this i havnt used my combi for driving in screws,it is now used purley as a drill.
the impact i reckon weighs less then half of the combi,doesnt make my hands/arms ache at all.

I have the bosch and I can't fault it loads of power, and quiet too if you use the irwin cordless bits without the hammer action on, not like them noisy impact drivers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back