New Covid rules for the UK coming into effect for...

Yes we are. As much as 90% of your front line NHS is unvaxxed. Let's not confuse the porters, the cleaners, the cooks & the associated riff raff with the consultants & all those others who rely on their intelligence to serve us.

Doh
They had a runner of an NHS hospital on the box. His initial comment was 10% but qualified it - less and lessening. Obviously they sorted out a hospital where it was low - or some will see it that way.

There is missing info anyway. What proportion of what I will call sharp end frontline staff are refusing. Those already have to have some jabs to work there. Odd that really as some seem to think vaccination is pointless.

Then there are the rest. In some cases there will be a degree of coercion. They have a job and will want to keep it. If they change jobs they may face the same problem; Actually when people move out of state employment I suspect some will have the shock of their life when they face the real world.

The other missing part is how many 1st jabs have been given as it needs to be 2 by the deadline so must have one before that spaced in time just like the rest of us. From some one that works there I have heard March is the deadline in that respect - I assume it's too late then. She said there were a number of them. She has had hers as they became available. Many have.

Then those that have been infected. Within the NHS there is likely to be definite info on that. When we are given jabs this question is always asked. Medical reasons or saving vaccines - pass. Maybe these people are given them anyway ;) I meant to ask last time I had one but forgot.

There are other people as well. Temps, bank nurses and functions that are contracted out.

Sponsored Links
Yes we are. As much as 90% of your front line NHS is unvaxxed. Let's not confuse the porters, the cleaners, the cooks & the associated riff raff with the consultants & all those others who rely on their intelligence to serve us.

Why on earth do you think that they need to set a date so far in the future? These are the front line soldiers who are fighting the battle against a virus that threatens the existence of humanity. If you think they are unvaxxed today because your vax wasn't available to them then you are very much mistaken. They are unvaxxed because they have chosen not to take the vax & they know & understand the reasons why.

The truth is the truth & the truth cannot be hidden forever by the liars. Come April you will see the truth with your own eyes.

Nutter alert.

From Adam Brooks:

370,000 Covid cases today in France
They’ve had Vaccine Passports everywhere since the summer
Mask mandates
Hospitality Restrictions
Nightclubs shut for a month.
Schools off for weeks
Restricted borders
Do you get it now?
Restrictions do F*** all, We told you

And...1.2 million in France have signed a petition against vaccine passes.

[Petition] NO TO THE VACCINE PASS! (leslignesbougent.org)

Sponsored Links
Vaccine passes are also compulsory in other EU countries. Largely a waste of time and open to abuse. On my travels many bars and restaurants asked to see my Covid pass, but quite a few didn't. None asked for ID to verify my name on the scrap of paper that is the Covid pass, I could have made a pass up with anyone's name on it.

Get the feeling that politicians think they have to do something, but what they do isn't always helpful. When I was in Czech Republic they introduced a state of emergency. One rule for the SOE was that bars and restaurants had to close by 10pm. This meant that people who normally eat or drink later came in earlier and these places were actually busier as a result. However. CZ has proved that you can run but not hide from Covid. They had an early, strict SOE in 2020 and it was very successful in keeping case numbers very low. As soon as they opened up, cases rocketed and were the highest in Europe.

Belgium was the strictest with passes. Went into a Mcdonalds there and there were staff inside door stopping people, photographing Covid passes and checking ID. Only when they were satisfied could you enter.

Many pointless posts. The main gain from vaccination is reduced hospitalisation. Past that there are fringe aspects that help as well. These might be minor, significant or don't happen. That's irrelevant really.

The inability to produce a passport or proof of being vaccinated also shows something about the person concerned. :LOL: I needn't say what.

The inability to produce a passport or proof of being vaccinated also shows something about the person concerned. :LOL: I needn't say what.

I haven't got one, have you?

I wouldn't pay much attention to case numbers, it depends how many you test. France likely has millions of cases, as we do.

Of course restrictions make a difference - all nations agree.

Last edited:

If you listened you would notice that his main reason for preferring not to have one is that he has been infected. Preferring isn't the same as refusing. Time will tell.

Gov's view - reinfection. Enough info to be pretty sure it happens. We are closing in on a milestone. Since it all started near 15,000,000 cases. Immunity levels dropping off after a viral infection isn't that uncommon,.Colds of various types and flus for instance. Whitty recently said he thought 0.5% will be reinfected. Their study makes it 1% if probables are included. Fact is the study results are mixed.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00676-9/fulltext

43 year old neighbour, no health conditions, non-smoker, died of Covid (on ventilator) today.

Mostly harmless is not harmless.

Let me get this right ... hospitals are currently at 93% capacity. The article says "60 per cent were primarily admitted for a separate, unrelated problem."
So that means about 40% of the 93% must be covid related? That seems a lot.

"just 533 (29 per cent) of the 1,817 people included in coronavirus hospital data were being treated primarily for the virus"

Just 29%? Almost 1 in 3 people in hospital is suffering from COVID

SAGE might not have been correct, but this is far from "OK".

Let me get this right ... hospitals are currently at 93% capacity. The article says "60 per cent were primarily admitted for a separate, unrelated problem."
So that means about 40% of the 93% must be covid related? That seems a lot.

"just 533 (29 per cent) of the 1,817 people included in coronavirus hospital data were being treated primarily for the virus"

Just 29%? Almost 1 in 3 people in hospital is suffering from COVID

SAGE might not have been correct, but this is far from "OK".

And furthermore, contrary to claims on here, the majority of patients admitted to hopsitals for covid were vaccinated.

(Dec 21 to early Jan 22):

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 2 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

And furthermore, contrary to claims on here, the majority of patients admitted to hopsitals for covid were vaccinated.

That was always likely, from very early on in vaccinations we knew that over 70s with 2 vaccines are still at greater risk of death than under 30s with no vaccines.

Vaccines have never been 100% effective, and when you have a very contagious strain like omicron, you're going to get vaccinated people dying.

Another 330 recorded yesterday.

Sponsored Links
Back