New Covid Variant - B.1.1.529

those "rare" cases of death caused by the vaccine

if we published the very common deaths of unvaccinated people from the disease, not only would it be a huge torrent; but we would never finish because they are dying faster than we can type.

Do you seriously want a shroud-waving competition?

Sponsored Links
But now...

"Antibodies from Pfizer vaccine may be up to 40 times less effective against Omicron, first lab tests suggest"
Pick, pick, pick. You mean the vaccine they developed for one strain over a year ago is not effective agains another strain that had not even been heard of? How foolish of them - you wouldn't had made such a schoolboy error, would you? Let's blame our government then. Hey, perhaps when they develop a vaccine for Omicron, they could throw in a few more ingredients to deal with future strains that have not even evolved yet. You are an absolute ****.

Last edited:
Pick, pick, pick. You mean the vaccine they developed for one strain over a year ago is not effective agains another strain that had not even been heard of? How foolish of them - you wouldn't had made such a schoolboy error, would you? Let's blame our government then. Hey, perhaps when they develop a vaccine for Omicron, they could throw in a few more ingredients to deal with future strains that have not even evolved yet. You are an absolute ****.
Ellal has turned into a full blown conspiracist now.

The vaccine programme has been massively successful, so the go to argument anti vaxxers are left with is a childish: “the vaccine isn’t 100% perfect, so therefore it must be useful”

it’s not a great argument, but it’s all they got.

Sponsored Links
everybody is at risk

“Almost three quarters of people under 50 who needed hospital treatment for the COVID Delta variant over the last seven months in England were unvaccinated, figures have revealed.

Data released by Public Health England showed 9,472 people were admitted to hospital with the highly transmissible coronavirusvariant between 1 February and 29 August.”

Of this number, 5,098 were below the age of 50 and 4,374 were aged 50 or over

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-th...irus-are-unvaccinated-figures-reveal-12398321

If this thing is so contagious, moves across the country and populations like wildfire and spares nobody, why, in almost 2 years of it being at large have I not been troubled by it?

If this thing is so contagious, moves across the country and populations like wildfire and spares nobody, why, in almost 2 years of it being at large have I not been troubled by it?
You're a xenophobic autobot?
You're a charlatan and no-one believes a word you say?
Your world view is so distorted you wouldn't know what you've been affected by?
:whistle:

In England just over 9 million people have tested positive for it but the total population of England is over 56 million so only around 16% of people in England have tested positive for it so far.

yep, that's the antivaxxers all right.

Dear John, don't bother with any more replies, I've shown you to be a liar many times over, nothing you say is of consequence. Example:

Notch claimed that there are more unvaccinated than vaccinated in ICUs, I asked for a link, JP posted a link but the link's age made it irrelevant (*)to Notch's claim and therefore specious; YOU John D "liked" this link and later re-quoted it as if it were the truth. That's how covid lies spread - people repeating, and sometimes adding extra lies as in the case of Rolling Stone magazine's Ivermectin story.

Don't call us John, we'll call you.

* as demonstrated in the "Pointless Panic" thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear John, don't bother with any more replies, I've shown you to be a liar many times over, nothing you say is of consequence. Example:

Notch claimed that there are more unvaccinated than vaccinated in ICUs, I asked for a link, JP posted a link but the link's age made it irrelevant to Notch's claim and therefore specious; YOU John D "liked" this link and later re-quoted it as if it were the truth. That's how covid lies spread - people repeating, and sometimes adding extra lies as in the case of Rolling Stone magazine's ivermectin story.

Don't call us John, we'll call you.
A lie is not a lie, if it was accurate at the time. Outdated, possibly, but not untrue. But outdated does not make it irrelevant if there is no more up-to-date information available. Indeed, if the information is the latest available, it makes it very relevant and pertinent to the discussion.

if you think it was irrelevant, it is up to you to argue why and how it is irrelevant. Perhaps by presenting more up-to-date information.
A mere assertion is insufficient.

In England just over 9 million people have tested positive for it but the total population of England is over 56 million so only around 16% of people in England have tested positive for it so far.

Quite so, and don't forget that a positive test, and the tests have shown to be unreliable anyway, or a "case" means nothing if a person is not ill.

You might as well test us 56 million for symptomless botulism, scarlet fever or chicken pox; it would be a a waste of public money and completely pointless, well pointless unless you are a test kit manufacturer!

Based on this, AIDS and brain cancer are also not important.

Notch claimed that there are more unvaccinated than vaccinated in ICUs, I asked for a link, JP posted a link......

YOU John D "liked" this link and later re-quoted it as if it were the truth.....

You asked for a link

He posted a link but you didn't like it.

Now you are pretending it was not true.

But it was true.

Have you got any alternative evidence?

What proportion of Unvaccinated people are in hospital?

What proportion of Vaccinated people are in hospital?

My mum asked a similar question the other week about smoking. She's been smoking for over 70 years and still hasn't succumbed to lung cancer. Using your logic, it must be a load of ballcocks. What is your view on smoking and lung cancer and why hasn't my mum had it?

More gibberish.

Why are you calling it a lie, then?
I'm not. Andy11 was. I simply referred to that which he called a lie. :rolleyes:
If I'd have said, "a fact is not a lie", Andy11 wouldn't have the slightest idea to what I was referring. :rolleyes:
For sure, I could have said, "that to what you are referring as a lie, is not a lie, if it was true at the time." But I'm sure you would agree that often we rattle off comments because we don't have all the time in the world to carefully and pedantically phrase our comment semantically and grammatically correct.
And we all know there are those that amuse themselves with pedantry because their arguments are invariably flimsy, fragile and usually just plain wrong.
But in this occasion your pedantry is semantically and grammatically correct, but still pedantry.

Sponsored Links
Back