New Drain Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a ground floor extension built and require some new drain to be put in. I would like to information before I speak again with the BCO.

BCO has said he is happy to go with option A. It feels like overkill as the only point of the IC is so the drain can be rodded. Would I be able to use a rodding point as per option C and perhaps have it inline as the readable gully?

My trench is 600mm, brick, block and insulation will come to 300mm, leaving 150 mm each side. Am I ok to run the drain pipe (100mm next to the brick work so it saves me breaking up any more concrete (current foundation is 400mm below ground level). Also don't want the kitchen waste pipe sticking out.

Thanks,

Shaz

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 22.24.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 22.24.08.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 314
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. It certainly is a option but it’s all really thick concrete and will be much harder work.

the existing trench is quite wide already and the pipes are only carrying sink waste. I want to re-use that instead. Is that feasible?

as long as it’s all roddable with the correct fall, we’re good.

Sponsored Links
I can’t see a problem with C myself and like you say, in A the chamber is pointless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back