new drill/driver combi milwaukee or makita???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my old Milwaukee loktor (18v) is very tired and will need replacing soon. Wondering whether to replace with Makita (18v) :confused: (looks left then right for moderators giving me a slap for not so subtle advertising) Screwfix have one on offer at the mo for £99.99 including 3 batteries and charger)

The Milwaukee has been very good over the last 4 years and has never let me down. Am a little cautious as Makita have a good reputation but I recently bought a 4 1/2 inch grinder 5 months ago, and the clutch has gone :evil: and I've lost the receipt!

Anyone got any gripes with Makita kit?

Sponsored Links
there is no problem with mentioning screwfix becuse

1) its not a swear word :LOL:

2) we all know you dont own it

stick with Milwaukee

That's a good price for the makita. Be aware though - you're only getting 1.3Ah batteries. They won't last long, but at least you get three of them.
I only buy makita now. I use one of these and it's excellent http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100372&ts=55706&id=77600 Paid £230 for it about 2 years ago.

"I recently bought a 4 1/2 inch grinder 5 months ago, and the clutch has gone and I've lost the receipt!"
So buy another and take the duff one back with the new receipt. ;)

just bought an 18v hitachi, with 3 li-ion batteries and charger from the us. Just had to buy a step down transformer for it for £15. EVen with the import duty it was a ridiculous price due to the exchange rate.

you wont need the receipt for the grinder they will have to exchange it as its not of merchantable quality.

Sponsored Links
thats what I thought but there is a date on ther serial number that states 2005 presume thats the year of manufacture n its been sat in a B&Q warehouse or shelf. Anyway, has only been used lightly on a number of occasions n still like in perky condition.

The new milwaukee lithium batteries will fit your loc-tor, but you'll need a new charger. I heard makita have not made their lithium batteries compatable with their older tools. which may have peeved some of their customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back