New extension solid concrete floor tie into house with raised wooden floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on probject managing a rear extention next year and I have most things sussed except how to tie in and ensure continuous damp proofing between new concrete floor of the new extension and the existing house floor which is raised wooden flooring. Can anyone help on this.

Sponsored Links
Your suspended floor wont have a dpm. You will have to run ventilation for the void however.

Why not scan a section view of the proposed extension floor?

Sponsored Links
Having issues with scanning so will try to explain my plan. I am ok with continuing the ventilation under the new floor and understand that the raised floor not have a dpm layer but dpc in the brickwork to form a block of the damp. My new outer wall construction would be cavity wall with the dpm over laying the dpc on the inner wall and an independent dpc along the outer wall.

My thoughts on the connection to the existing house is to build a new inner wall with dpc overlapped by the dpm from the slab.

Break out the existing house wall inner and outer layers down to as far as they need to go to fit some small length joists spanning the gap between the new built wall and the existing joists. If needed adding new dpc on the what remains of the inner and outer walls of the existing house thus blocking rising damp.

Does this make sense and sound plausible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back