New Extractor fan running continuously

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Previously had bathroom timer extractor fan. It would come ON when the light switch is ON, and continue on timer after the light is switched OFF.

New fan, Vents 100MTHK (humidity and timer controlled) installed, but it runs continuously. After few hours, I switched power off at the mains, and moved the timer and humidity controls to the minimum (anticlockwise). Upon switching on the mains power, the fan starts on its own, and is running continuously- I didn't use the light switch.
(I have done wiring identical to previous timed fan--live, switched live and neutral).

First time post on excellent forum. Any help is greatly appreciated in getting normal fan operation.
Akay

Sponsored Links
yes I have, the result is the fan comes ON with light switch and OFF with light switch.

Sponsored Links
Fan is now not running continuously. Have increased sensitivity of humidity and timer controls to almost maximum. Fan now switches on with the light and runs on timer with light off. Will have to wait and see if and when humidity sensor kicks in at bath time.
Fairly certain this solves the problem.
Thanks to all for your time and efforts.
Akay

you will be amazed at the humidity levels at the moment, just installed 2 humidity and timer fans, in the bathroom, not yet commisioned the humidty level was 70%!!!

There is a chance of a faulty fan, the first one i put in last week came on ran for 2 mins then exploded with an all mighty bang!!!

Best thing was the plumber was under the sink and shot up on explosion nearly knocking himself out cold :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back