New flat roof but what type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have inherited a single skin block built room that is joined to the back of the house. It has a (leaking) tiled roof but the pitch is only 5 degrees. I want to insulate it and turn it into an office as it is just used for storage at the moment. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as the roof is shot and I have been advised by a roofer to put a flat board roof covered in felt on it due to the low pitch.
Just wondered if anyone out there had any suggestions or had put a similar roof on a building.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, the roof is a simple 9x5 ft rectangle that butt's upto the back of the house. Is this a job fir the pros or one that can be done by a diy'er. Would it still be a case of using lead flashing on the join or is there another product that I could use. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, the roof is a simple 9x5 ft rectangle that butt's upto the back of the house. Is this a job fir the pros or one that can be done by a diy'er. Would it still be a case of using lead flashing on the join or is there another product that I could use. Thanks again.

It can be done DIY very well. Go to rubber4roofs and look at their videos and install instructions.

You can use a metal wall trim for abutments to a house wall.

Thanks guys will keep you posted with the progress, you've been really helpful.

It will require insulating and to a robust standard that takes into account ventilation if needed. It will also need to be signed off.
Do it badly and you will have rot from within. Warm deck system is the flattie of choice. It can mean ugly deep fascia but good performance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back