New front door question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

This is my first post to this board, I'm more at home with electrics and AV kit, but needs must...

The front door of my flat (internal, flat to corridor) is looking a bit the worse for wear, and I'm aiming to get it replaced with something a bit more secure and in better condition.

Has anyone done a DIY UPVC door install, and how did it go?

Another alternative is to find a fitter to measure the door, and fit one bought from somewhere online. I've been quoted £995 to have a door supplied and fitted by a local company, versus seeing (what looks like) a similar thing online for less than £400.

I think FENSA won't need to be involved, who ever does the job as these is less than 50% glass in the door (or there will be)...

Any thoughts? Even more to the point, does anyone in the trade in the Reading/Basingstoke area have an idea what the install cost would be?

Thanks in advance,
Colin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back