New front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into a small Victorian London terrace with a uPVC front door which I want to replace. The render reveal (i.e. brick to brick opening) is:

2258mm height and 775mm width.

I've been told that, due to the narrowness of the opening, part of the wall would have to be removed to install a wooden door. I thought however that wooden doors could be made to virtually any size?

If anyone more knowledgeable than me can add any insight I'd be grateful.

Attachments

• 55546_2258868_IMG_00_0000 (1).jpeg
    55546_2258868_IMG_00_0000 (1).jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Should be able to squeeze in a 30” door , frame will need cutting into render to achieve. Nice solid hardwood door can be trimmed but would keep opening as wide as possible.

Recently moved into a small Victorian London terrace with a uPVC front door which I want to replace. The render reveal (i.e. brick to brick opening) is:

2258mm height and 775mm width.

I've been told that, due to the narrowness of the opening, part of the wall would have to be removed to install a wooden door. I thought however that wooden doors could be made to virtually any size?

If anyone more knowledgeable than me can add any insight I'd be grateful.
Is the door frame fitted in between the brick work or butted up behind it?

it looks to me like there is much less frame showing on the neighbours door, so I wonder if your door was made small to avoid having to strip off the internal plaster (or external render)

Sponsored Links
Is the door frame fitted in between the brick work or butted up behind it?

it looks to me like there is much less frame showing on the neighbours door, so I wonder if your door was made small to avoid having to strip off the internal plaster (or external render)
I'm not sure. Is there an easy way to tell?

The old wooden door (much nicer in my opinion) looked significantly wider:
1700651353539.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back