New fuse board required

Yo - sorry - I hadn't looked at the last photo, and in the others it wasn't obvious that they are bellwire.

Sponsored Links
I think the white junction box may well be a bell transformer, hence the two bell wires coming out of it.

I hope the burglar alarm isn't supplied from the FCU by alarm cable, because that's what it looks like...

it seems to be the doorbell, not the alarm

and i found this, which i guess (because the wire disappears into a wall then pops out halfway along the communal corridor) might be what we're looking for?

[/img]

however the electrician has said he can replace the board without finding the isolator? something to do with disconnecting the henley block at the meter... judging by the earlier post i'm assuming that's not a great idea?

Sponsored Links
judging by the earlier post i'm assuming that's not a great idea?
Not the best, and he would be contravening the Electricity At Work Regulations.

But some people are like that. Ever seen a TV aerial installer wear a fall arrester?

And I guess we should accept that he may have had proper training, and he may have appropriate protective gear and tools to allow him to work live.

Is that a private meter? The seal doesn't look like a DNO one.

um. it came with the house, npower bills me and the juice comes through.

Do you actually own this flat ?

yes. and?

But some people are like that. Ever seen a TV aerial installer wear a fall arrester?

And I guess we should accept that he may have had proper training, and he may have appropriate protective gear and tools to allow him to work live.

yes, it needs doing, he's confident it can be done, and as long as he doesn't end up frazzled on my floor i guess i can just leave him to it.

thanks for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back