New gas boiler in greenhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a gas boiler which is currently housed in a cupboard in a bedroom which is old and needs replacing. I would like to site a new boiler outside and immediately below where the existing boiler is to minimise routing of piping which would mean it would be sited in our large,lean to greenhouse. I would want it in its own cabinet or cupboard within the greenhouse. Are there any issues in trying to do this?

PS id get the work done by British gas or a CORGI registered plumber

Sponsored Links
British Gas not a good option then?

Havent decided on a specific bolier yet, it would have to cope with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and central heating for a large 3 bedroom house with 3 reception rooms. Any you would reccommend?

Sponsored Links
Doubt anyone will install it there -its going to be too hot, may not be able to comply with electrical regulations and how does the flue seal properly through the glass?

The temperature extremes were a concern to me. Ive got British Gas coming to have a look next week, it will be interesting to see what they say.

this doesnt sound that promising, the alternative is to site it in the utlity room on the other side of the house which might mean a lot of new pipework (and rerouting the gas supply)

[
quote="Clevedon"]British Gas not a good option then?

They are a good option if you want to pay 3 times the amount that you would pay for a Corgi registered gas engineer. Choose an engineer , check his credentials & get a guarantee, most boilers are guaranteed from between 3-5 years.

Don`t go with british gas, it will be a sub contractor fitting your boiler anyway :cry:

Bambergaspipe said:
[
quote="Clevedon"]British Gas not a good option then?

They are a good option if you want to pay 3 times the amount that you would pay for a Corgi registered gas engineer. Choose an engineer , check his credentials & get a guarantee, most boilers are guaranteed from between 3-5 years.

Don`t go with british gas, it will be a sub contractor fitting your boiler anyway :cry:

Give bamber a ring...he is dead good with gas pressures and stuff :LOL:

fitz1 said:
cant it go in the loft.

I'd considered that but it's in a bedroom in an extension with a very shallow roof so there might not be that much room. Fitting in the main loft might be an option though which wont be that much extra distance

scatmanjohn said:
[Give bamber a ring...he is dead good with gas pressures and stuff :LOL:

I must be, I didn`t see you opening your mouth, ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
scatmanjohn said:
[Give bamber a ring...he is dead good with gas pressures and stuff :LOL:

I must be, I didn`t see you opening your mouth, ;)

I didn't need to..there was someone already giving the correct advice. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back