New gas line – pressure test – how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
standard tightness test for me, if it doesnt leak at that it wont leak at anything!

edit: and by that i mean anything it will experience in use not for strength testing etc

Sponsored Links
Wow. Testing gas pipework at 9 bar is the equivalent to testing it at roughly 45 times the working pressure. That's like testing your water at 45 times the working pressure! Talk about completely over the top and unnecessary!

Are you sure it was 9bar

Think you maybe mistaken

what the hell did he use to get the pipework to that pressure
I pressure test pipework at 8bar using an air compressor not that uncommon. test for 2 minutes though not 2 seconds. :LOL:

Why??

Cannot see any reason for testing at that pressure on domestic installation and as had been said the kinetic energy involved is huge .... do you have any idea what damage you could do if the pipe fractures ... obviously not
I assume that your just a domestic installer that has no idea about carrying out risk assesstments into your testing
Crazy doing this ... all thats required is to carry out a test as per normal for any gas install and prehaps carry out after the job has been screed if your worried about movement etc

Not that uncommon!! ............... can you tell me where it says to test to this and could anybody else come forward thats done this on a domestic install

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: god it's so easy to wind you lot up!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

An occasional fault is a fluxed joint that has not been soldered.

They will take 20 mB but not 2 Bar.

I do see an advantage testing at a pressure which would show those up.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i sense another wind up going on why would any pipework in a domestic situation require such testing and where would the owner of the said domestic gas supply get the information that the pipework has to strength tested to that level its being buried under the screed at any minute insisted gasman tested and he tested pipework for 2 seconds well i dont believe it what is the pipework materail i mean also is the pipe being protected from corrosive action of cement screed i think this guy is another @@@ just looking to slag off RGI'S
peekay53

i sense another wind up going on why would any pipework in a domestic situation require such testing i think this guy is another @@@ just looking to slag off RGI'S
peekay53

:LOL: :LOL: some hooked the bait so quickly, others took a little longer!! :LOL: :LOL:

the plumbing section on here has become a medium for pricks to show off how good they think they are! most of us registered RGI's can't be arsed to post any more on here. instead we just post a wind up every now and then just to see the reaction!!! :LOL: :LOL:

nice one kevin the part that got my attention was the 9 bar just pulled out the air by a punter but enjoyable just the same :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back