New Gas tariff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any ideas about the new capping fixed tariff that British Gas wants to introduce.
I can either continue with Standard tariff or to prices with 9% Price Cap from1st april 2011 until sept 30th 2012.

My bills are about £1200- 1500 per year for gas only.
thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
not sure about the tarif side of things but i would definatly suggest if you were to have a modern boiler fitted you would save alot on your gas bill

i live in a 3 bed detached house and have vaillant condensing boiler
my gas bill is £35 per month in coldest months and only £20 ish in summer

that includes my cookin aswell

when gas was cheap it was much more worth while keeping an old boiler but now the payback period on updating your system is now actually quite short

not sure about the tarif side of things but i would definatly suggest if you were to have a modern boiler fitted you would save alot on your gas bill

i live in a 3 bed detached house and have vaillant condensing boiler
my gas bill is £35 per month in coldest months and only £20 ish in summer

that includes my cookin aswell

when gas was cheap it was much more worth while keeping an old boiler but now the payback period on updating your system is now actually quite short

I have just updated my boiler to Intergas 30 ov. I hope my bills will come down anyway.
Is there any point in having the Tariff capped by 9%?

i have a tariff with british gas where i put my meter readings in online and it is supposed to be their cheapest tariff i can recomend it my bills are cheaper on this tarifff than they were before

Sponsored Links
if you haven't moved to a new supplier your original supplier will always be more expensive this assumes no one has moved from the pre privateised supplier
in general bg will always be more expensive

Use on of the many comparison sites, will answer your question.BG are usually the most expensive supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back