New heating/hot water install cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of the cost for the supply and install of a new heating system and hot water tank for a house i'm thinking of buying?

Its a semi detached 1950s traditional build bungalow. Currently its got the original gas hot air vent heating that was put in with the house and the original hot water tank.

Downstairs there are 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, bathroom and a hall. upstairs there are 2 attic bedrooms and a hall. So 9 radiators minimum.

So i'm looking for an estimate range price for this and new hot water tank. May add a shower upstairs in a few years so that has to be taken into account.

Any thoughts? I won't be going for expensive rads etc.

Sponsored Links
It depends on so many variables it's impossible to say without seeing the job, and there's a general policy on here that we don't give price estimates for jobs. Your best bet is to get a few reputable local installers in to quote for the work. As for not going for expensive, remember the old adage - buy cheap, buy twice...

We don't do quotes or estimates on here really; it's boring and not possible to say anything sensible without being on site anyway.

On top of that, you get what you pay for; good installers don't come cheap, nor do good boilers. Rads? Rad is a rad pretty much.

You'd be better off spending time finding a good installer than figuring out how much it would cost, and then try to match an installer against prices from others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back