New Here! Garage roof problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have recently sorted out my garage and it's all nice now but i'm still getting leaks here and there.
I think that they are from the roof and back wall at the top sort of area but i'm not sure. I just wondered how i could fix it without getting a pro involved and what i need to do it.

Its a small concrete garage and the roof is a wavey pattern that slopes into a gutter and i'm not sure what the material is on the roof but it looks like metal?

Please could anyone with knowledge of this sort of thing, give me DETAILED instructions on fixing it.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo renagades

will need a more detailed description to help

as in is the corrgated roof sloping into a clean gutter [as in its clear of leaves and debris
is it leaking in one area
is it leaking round securing screws or nails is it leaking from possible holes in the sheets

more info more help ;)

I think it's leaking through where the roof meets and sits on the walls sort of all round really. And also it is corragated and on the inside it leaks in the middle where the corragation is , it's hard to describe really . I know i'll go and get some pictures. But only of the inside as it's dark outside. Oh yeah and the guttering is probably full of crap. Just a guess.
Thanks for replying. I'll be back in half an hour with pics.

dont think you need worry just now about pics, outside would be good too,but as its late i dont suppose you will be fixing it now any way.

to post pics see this

Sponsored Links
I wont be on the net much after this though so here they are, as you can see i've tried to fix it myself before.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If i applied roofing felt to the corragated roof would that help?

No,roofing felt won't work - it is designed to go on flat surfaces really.
You can get several "paint-on" repair products which may help.
Just a thought,but can see you have the joint between the roof and the wall filled with The Devils Expanding Foam - if this is outside as well,it breaks down under UV light - is this causing/aggravating leaks ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back