NEW HERE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am new to this site and have a question, I have a standard sized concrete garage on the back of my house with a sort of coragated roof (metal i think) and i'm turning it into a gymnasium, however i first need to fix all the leaks and damp and cold. If i set of a huge smoke bomb and go outside then mark all the places where the smoke comes out, then fill them is this the best way? Also what fill should i use that will work really well? Thankyou for any detailed replies.

Sponsored Links
I'm sort of reminded of that scene in The Italian Job where Michael Caine says 'You're only supposed to blow the ****** doors off!'!

Seriously though, if your existing corrugated iron roof doesn't have sealed eaves, most of the smoke will exit there, not leaving enough to show the leaks that really do admit rain.

You might do better to consider re-roofing anyway. That might be an easier route to a leak-free well-insulated roof.

But before you commit any money, find out whether you'll need Planning Consent (change of use?).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back