New house Bathroom strip - which walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm being ambitious and stripping the bathroom form a new house weve bought. the old one was pretty filthy and so far Ive taken out the bath, cut the water pipes and stop ended them. I've also started removing he tiles that were around he bath with the bottom row first, which allowed me to take the bath out. I'm planning on taking the rest of as well and have a crack at re tiling it all, however, quite a few large chunks of plasterboard have come off with the existing tile. I was being careful. I imagine this will be the same stpry for he rest.

Shoukd I attempt to patch them prior to re tiling or would I be better just replacing the platerboard with MR or ge aquapanel ?

Sponsored Links
I'd just replace the plasterboard, it's quicker and easier

Thanks have decided on this and taken two boards out so far. Am planning to replace with hardibacker board and probably cover the floor as well.

can anybody suggest what to seal the joins and what adhesive and grouts to use? the original finish was just paint onto the boards where there were no tiles and scrim and sanded filler on the joins.

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back