New house purchase - work needed - how much will it cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm the process of buying a 3 bed semi in Manchester and have had a survey done on it (though I've not received the full report as yet). However, I have been told some of the main work needed as follows:

* Front gully badly settled and also some adjacent bricks have slightly dropped - possibly broken drain and will need excavataion work and repair - could have also damaged house foundations in the area concerned - Any idea of how much this is likely to cost to repair?

* Some roof (tiled) needs patching - roughly how much? and how much for a NEW roof?

* Some repointing required - how much for repointing whole house?

* Damp treatment (partial required) but how much for FULL DPC?

* Wall ties required - how much?

I would be grateful for any input (as I need to decide on whether to go ahead with the purchase or not and how much (roughly I realise) it is likely to cost?

Thanks in advance, Ash

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
mchu6am4 said:
Hi,

I'm the process of buying a 3 bed semi in Manchester and have had a survey done on it (though I've not received the full report as yet). However, I have been told some of the main work needed as follows:

* Front gully badly settled and also some adjacent bricks have slightly dropped - possibly broken drain and will need excavataion work and repair - could have also damaged house foundations in the area concerned - Any idea of how much this is likely to cost to repair?

upwards of £250. for the gulley repair, anything up to £1500ish for the foundation work.

* Some roof (tiled) needs patching - roughly how much? and how much for a NEW roof?

tile repairs, say £10 per tile. new roof- upwards of £4000.

* Some repointing required - how much for repointing whole house?

re-pointing £35-40 p/metre.

can't comment on the damp proof or wall ties, but be careful who you choose.

mchu6am4 said:
Hi,

* Wall ties required - how much?

I've been quoted £1000 - £1200 to do the wall ties on a house I'm buying. On top of that, I'm likely to need to re-render as the finish won't be very nice otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back