Cost of bulding?

Hi,

Yes we are hoping to build one like Space. I guess my half a million estimate is out a bit then! I will have to contact them and have a chat.

Sarah

Sponsored Links
To be honest when i was told thats what it cost, i was shocked, i realy dont see where the money has gone, tho i must say i was working on the assumption that the building already existed and was just decked out. but even so, even if it was built from the ground up, it seems mighty expensive.

I think I will have to have a trip over and see their size. Our orginal plans were to convert an old library that we viewied and really was a perfect size inside and out but the council sold it to the highest bidder. We couldn't get a fixed price out of them and without a price we could never apply for funding. :(

There must be a general rule of thumb, like for costing a rebuild due to collapse or fire.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
There must be a general rule of thumb, like for costing a rebuild due to collapse or fire.

Re-builds can be ( and often are ) more expensive than new builds as there is demolition and removal costs to take into account before the re-build can begin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back