New Install & Boiler Advice.......

boiler manufacturers stipulate a flow rate at a certain temp rise, say the worcester say a 14lt per min @ a 35 degree rise that means if your water temp coming into the property is 15 degrees the boiler will supply 14lts per min @ 50 degrees, so the higher the temp the less flow. If you do decide to install in the loft take precautions against frozen condensate discharge.

Sponsored Links
boiler manufacturers stipulate a flow rate at a certain temp rise, say the worcester say a 14lt per min @ a 35 degree rise that means if your water temp coming into the property is 15 degrees the boiler will supply 14lts per min @ 50 degrees, so the higher the temp the less flow. If you do decide to install in the loft take precautions against frozen condensate discharge.

They have flow restrictors in, and so would not give you the stated flow of hot water at 35 delta t even if you lowered the temp.

Not having a go Dave, I found all this out the hard way with a customer over my shoulder while commissioning, the out come wasn't good
:oops:

the r35 wb in my own home has flow restrictor albeit adjustable when wound fully open gives 16lts per min @55 deg, can have 2 mira mixers at same time running although saying that there is nearly 6 bar working pressure coming in, maybe that makes a difference.

What Worcester is it?

The Vaillants 831 you can take the flow restrictor out, but as said earlier it's restricted to a 42 delta t 10 ltrs min

I'll give Worcester a call and see what they have to say.

They do also list their flow rates on a 42 delta t and have restrictors

Sponsored Links
What Worcester is it?

The Vaillants, you can take the flow restrictor out, but as said earlier it's restricted to a 42 delta t 10 ltrs min

I'll give Worcester a call and see what they have to say.

They do also list their flow rates on a 42 delta t and have restrictors
Its a r35 he plus discontinued although the guts are pretty much same as the larger greenstars are now.

Thought I'd give you your first thanks :p

Welcome Dave

If your gas safe, check out the combustion chamber for gas fitters forum

Hi Terry,

can you please give me an opinion on the Spirotrap Magnabooster2 product if you have had the opportunity to use it in the past?

Regards

Hum

I use them a lot. They are of brass construction and apparently would work just as well without the magnet, they added this because other manufactures of similar products used this idea and that's what gained interest in this type of filter.

Different engineers do have preferences for other products

@ terry - but the manufacturer quotes that they also capture magnetic particles with that unit, so there must be a magnet inside to do so.

Have you ever drained out one of those units you have fitted and what was the result? I mean was there any dirt and metal particles inside the drainage?

By the way, I managed to find a business not far from me who is ATAG certified who hopefuly will come and quote for the job. The only problem is, they mostly do commercial jobs and of these most of their business is schools, so the guy said that now the schools have finished its their busiest period of the year, so it looks like Imgoing to have to wait until they can accomodate me.

Regards

Hum

Yes the spirotrch magna booster has a magnet.

I was explaining why they added the magnet

I was explaining why they added the magnet

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying.

Have you heard of the DIRTMAG system filter? That seems to be really clever as you can remove the magnet from the outside to clean/flush it.

The new spirotrch magnaboostef MB3 does the same thing.

I havnt got shares in them, by the way :p

I will have a look at the dirtmag when I've got a second

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back