New Install & Boiler Advice.......

over sized radiators do no harm, and allow the system to run at a lower temperature..beneficial to the boiler and your gas bills..

Sponsored Links
over sized radiators do no harm, and allow the system to run at a lower temperature..beneficial to the boiler and your gas bills..

Based on what I have been reading from you expert CC folk that seems to be the case. However I only saw mention of 20-25% oversizing of rads and mine is closer to 30% now I have recalculated the radiator sizes required.

These are the numbers:

Required Output Total = 5954W
Required Output + 30% = 7740W
Radiator Output Total = 7807W

Having cavity insulation and the required 280mm+ loft insulation dropped the overall number by more than 1.5kW :cool: Good for the efficiency but now hard to find a boiler to modulate that low, perhaps.....

This is turning into a fine balancing act imo :LOL: I'll stick to wireless and networks, much easier to figure out ;)

Regards

Hum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back