New Intergas Rapid Boilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Perhaps because...

A) I know what I'm talking about.
B) I know the product history
C) I've seen the product.

Hence I know what's right and you're a clueless halfwit? Playing Google Warrior.

Sponsored Links
No, I'm telling you I know what is right. You've decided I'm a chav... which obviously means you don't know what a Chav is....

But then, I couldn't give a monkey's. I am happy in your ignorance, and even happier that I am not.

Was considering a couple of these boilers for a large project we have brewing but there are a couple of components (funnily enough not listed in the manual) that make it inappropriate for the application.

I have to go by what the makers write. Which was shocking to say the least. Now you are telling me to believe a Chav.

if.jpg

OK - back on topic... :)

Dan you mentioned there were a couple of components that deemed it unsuitable for one of your projects, what would those be?

Is there any other reason for the difference in price other than what has been discussed here thus far? Are any of the parts older / inferior or is it just a case of economics (lesser warranty etc)?

It appears to be pretty much a HRE but with an internal EV, assuming they use the same HX as you mentioned - and will both be using ErP pumps by the end of this month if not already.

Last edited:
Tony has mentioned a couple. But in my case - not counting the warranty - the configuration of the flue components inside the boiler would mean a premature need for severe maintenance. I doubt they would be relevant to the vast majority of boiler installations.

Tony has mentioned a couple. But in my case - not counting the warranty - the configuration of the flue components inside the boiler would mean a premature need for severe maintenance. I doubt they would be relevant to the vast majority of boiler installations.
I assume you mean the boiler is running 24/7, so you have to resort to the non-Rapid models.

I am interested in Dan's further thoughts on these.

We would expect that all boilers would happily run 24/7.

But there have been issues with some models that in practice cannot run successfully when condensing all the time as would occur when DIRECTLY running UFH or even some water heating with a low return temperature say below 50 C.

Tony

We would expect that all boilers would happily run 24/7.

But there have been issues with some models that in practice cannot run successfully when condensing all the time as would occur when DIRECTLY running UFH or even some water heating with a low return temperature say below 50 C.
What would those issues be? And what models?

They are known by some professionals but that information is not usually dispersed in the public domain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back