New Kitchen ring main installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am installing a new ring main in my kitchen
have been informed that i need to have a rcd between the consumer unit and the ring.
My question is after the twin and earth has come out of the consumer unit (mcb) entered the rcd and then fed all the sockets in the kitchen does it return to the rcd or to the consumer unit.
Thanks for your help
Jak

Sponsored Links
I see you are in London. In England and Wales, most electrical work in kitchens is Notifiable, and so is adding new circuits. It is clear from your question that you do not have sufficient knowledge to carry out this work so that it wil pass the inspection and achieve certification, so I recommend that you use a local electrician who is a member of a Competent Person Scheme and will carry out the design, installation, testing and documentation for you as part of his work. This is generally cheaper than paying the Building Control fee yourself.

No offence intended.

i am installing a new ring main in my kitchen
In several months time, I hope...

have been informed that i need to have a rcd between the consumer unit and the ring.
By chance?

By whom?

My question is after the twin and earth has come out of the consumer unit (mcb) entered the rcd and then fed all the sockets in the kitchen does it return to the rcd or to the consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back