New Laminate Flooring.Straight flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks.
I'm having new Laminate flooring laid.
I'm having the same flooring throughout the flat. living room/hall/bedroom.
The joiner suggested running it straight through eliminating the need for any door bars but apart from the fact that I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing I was thinking if there was ever any work needing done to the pipes underneath the floorboards(which happened before and they had to rip up the whole of my flooring)that it would be easier to just lift what ever section needs lifting.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
I'd be interested to see what oithers think looks better too?hanks.

Sponsored Links
also having breaks in long runs is advisable for expansion reasons.

It should be fitted with expansion in the doorways, if you choose to fit in one, you can cut the doorway areas at a later date to fit bars if you need to, best to keep a pack or two incase ever needed.

Thanks folks.
I'm looking for a half decent Laminate that isn't too expensive.(Not sure how long I'll be at current home)
I seen one that I liked but it's only 7mm.The sales guy was actually really nice and rather than try and push a more expensive laminate he said that although it's only 7mm that it is better quality than some of the thicker laminates they had?
There isn't a lot of traffic in my flat.No kids etc.
Do you think this would be suitable or would I be better of going for a thicker one?
https://www.directflooring.co.uk/item/Kronotex_KronotexTrendOakGrey7mm_209_139_510_1.html
There's this one that is 8mm but is graded AC4.Would there be much of a difference in the quality of these 2?
http://www.ukflooringdirect.co.uk/l...-woods-8mm-century-oak-grey-laminate-flooring
Any advice is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
it's all about the thickness of the coloured surface really and how quickly that will wear. wouldn't have thought there's much between the two. A decent underlay and how level and flat the existing floor is will make a difference as to how solid it will feel

Thanks.
Got a decent thick underlay and the floorboards are flat.
What is the difference with one rated AC4 and the one that's not?
Is the AC4 a lot more durable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back