Need to cut laminate flooring - how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have laminate flooring on the entire ground floor (living room, hallway, understairs cupboard, dining area and kitchen).

I need to lift the flooring in the living room and hallway so that the plumbers and electricians can get to the floorboards.

However, I want to preserve the flooring in the dining and kitchen area. So, I need to cut the flooring neatly at the point where the living room becomes the dining area and kitchen (it's all open-plan).

The cut needs to be a neat, straight line around 10' in length.

What is the best tool to use, ensuring I don't cut into the floorboards or any wires that may be lurking immediately underneath the laminate flooring?

I presume after that lifting it all up is fairly straightforward?

Sponsored Links
I assume that the floor runs right throug the door ways then and there are no door bars?

Assuming its click laminate flooring you could just peel it all back to the door , completely lift the other rooms , and then cut the boards at the door and lay them again. It would avoid any fear of cutting into something you may be worried about.

Of course if its glued laminate , the chap above has it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back