New lockdown in sight

Sweden never laid them off.
And never thrashed the economy in the first place.
the old brexiteers hogwash

Sweden did lockdown -the government didnt need to put laws in place because Sweden has intelligent people there not tw@ts
and it suffered as bad as UK

South Korea never locked down and never closed the economy

Sponsored Links
yes what a shambolic government

if it had locked down earlier the lockdown wouldnt have needed to last so long

france and Germany have have the bulk of their workers back for months now

If that is what soothes your brow.....

Fact is, no matter what you do, until:

- the virus nullifies itself
- we develop immunity
- we develop a vaccine (yeah, right)
- we absolutely close the borders down. Full stop.

it's gonna keep coming back.

If that is what soothes your brow.....

Fact is, no matter what you do, until:

- the virus nullifies itself
- we develop immunity
- we develop a vaccine (yeah, right)
- we absolutely close the borders down. Full stop.

it's gonna keep coming back.
And meanwhile more are dying/lacking treatment because borisconi and goebbels are concentrating on corporate welfare and running down the NHS for more upcoming privatisation...

Sponsored Links
I thought less were dying?, far less.
More are dying/lacking treatment is what I said...

"Hospital waiting list numbers in England triple since last year "

But then I guess you believe that people being unable to access the NHS for routine scans or vital treatments has no affect on the health/life expectancy of the general population?

But then I guess you believe that people being unable to access the NHS for routine scans or vital treatments has no affect on the health/life expectancy of the general population?

Not really, in fact I got a letter a few weeks back giving me an appointment for a procedure which should have been done in May. After reading that I had to self isolate for 14 days prior and have a covid test 3 days prior I cancelled and told them I'll be in touch next year.

I'm on record here for saying I know of more people who have died from suicide or a treatable illness than I do of covid. I also may have mentioned that at our major hospital, thousands upon thousands of procedures were cancelled to accommodate 15-20 covid cases.

So I'll say it again, the infection rates may be up, death rates have gone through the floor. And still the hospitals are almost on shut down. Worth a round of applause.

Not really, in fact I got a letter a few weeks back giving me an appointment for a procedure which should have been done in May. After reading that I had to self isolate for 14 days prior and have a covid test 3 days prior I cancelled and told them I'll be in touch next year.
Just got back from my routine pre-op Covid swab. The swab thing took not much more than a minute but made me gag.
Hopefully go under the knife on Monday. They've already put it back a few hours from 7:00am to 12 noon.

Just got back from my routine pre-op Covid swab. The swab thing took not much more than a minute but made me gag.
Hopefully go under the knife on Monday. They've already put it back a few hours from 7:00am to 12 noon.

Did you have to self isolate 14 days?

edit: hope the op goes well

france and Germany have have the bulk of their workers back for months now
A friend faces a temperature check every time she arrives at work, as do all other workers.
We're restarting 21st September, but from behind perspex screens and with masks where possible, and other social distancing protocols.

err have you looked at what's happening in France lately? More daily cases than wave one. In terms of infection their wave 2 is a tsunami.
Not quite but worrying all the same.
The number of tests will affect the results massively. France did not increase its testing capacity until quite late into the pandemic.

So I'll say it again, the infection rates may be up, death rates have gone through the floor.
You miss the point...

Apparent death rates from the 'virus' appear to be falling.
Now whether that is from the most vulnerable already having been killed off, or the 'virus' losing it's lethality, or more accurate death recording procedures then who knows.

Meanwhile other normally preventable deaths are occurring and waiting lists for scans/treatments are soaring...

I could say that 'time will tell', but we all know what will happen...

borisconi and goebbels will set up an extremely expensive and extremely lengthy 'inquiry' which doesn't have the scope to ask the important questions.
(not that the hand picked 'lord' or 'lady' would do so anyway)

And aside from a few lines mentioning 'lessons will be learned', any negative decisions will be swept under the carpet...

It has always been that way and it will never change...

Because it is clear that large swathes of the UK population are happy to be treated as mushrooms!

Sponsored Links
Back