New night storage radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two night storage radiators (NSR) already, and I want to get two more in different rooms.

Do they require their own seperate dedicated circuit, or do they just run from the normal circuit with a non-removable plug?

How much should they cost - I have been quoted £550 to fit one NSR and one normal heater (not the quote I asked for).

Would there be any reason for the electrician to have quoted for a heater rather than a second NSR? (I could easily buy and fit a wall-mounted heater with a plug myself).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Storage heaters require a seperate 20A supply to each run back t the fused board via a double pole switch. The electrician may have only quoted for one if you have only one spare way in your economy seven fuse board.

Wouldn't like to comment on the cost as I assume it includes supplying the heaters without knowing about the cable run.

If he didn't quote for what you asked for, ask him for the explanation (or see if he misunderstood your needs). Anyone on here can only guess what the reason was.

PJ

Sponsored Links
If you or anyone fitted NSR's to the normal ring main(final) by whatever means, you would have:cool: :) 24/7 heating and an ENORMOUS bill at the end. As wangerman says they should be on their own dedicated circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back