Storage Heater Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 0.85kw storage heater that I want to fit into my work van. There is a mains fed FCU on dedicated circuit in my garage that has previously charged a storage heater each night. That heater is now knackered and I've bought a replacement. The wiring diagram is very limited.... can anyone explain the following pic.....
Screenshot_20230323_190905_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Sponsored Links
Permanent and restricted supplies from a quick search. Not sure how or if it’s possible to incorporate it into a work van as they need a dedicated circuit.

Van has an rcd protected 230v circuit that is plugged in each night to allow the heater to warm the bricks in the heater. There is an fcu at the heater end for the heater to wire into. I unplug the charging cable each morning and take the van out each day and the residual heat in the bricks keeps it warm(ish).

I don't have economy 7 - I just have a single supply. I'm assuming option 2 is the correct arrangement....

Last edited:
As said, it needs a permanent supply in the van while you are driving around, to control the heat out,

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Surely the 24 hour supply is to boost the heat, the storage side should work normally once charged

He only plugs it in overnight.

He doesn't need it when driving around.

Surely a diesel cab heater would work out cheaper in the long run and be better than a domestic storage heater.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Only if it has a fan or electrically powered vent doors.
Yes, I must admit I assumed that there wouldn't be any point to the permanent mains connection if it wasn't being used for something like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back