New noisy bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just bought and fitted a new Vent-Axia 100 Silhouette. Has anyone else got one of these? To me it seems too noisy for which is not a cheap fan. I took the first one back earlier as I figured it must be faulty, but the 2nd one is just the same.

The noise is seems to me to be just the air flow through the fan, as if it is going too fast. It is not a noise from the motor. I've also tried the operation without it being in place (I.e running in the open room and not in the vent shaft) but still the same.

Just wondered if my perception of quiet was too low, I got rid of the old one cos it was too noisy but this isn't much better.

Anyone either got one or had experience of one? Should I take it back and choose a different make?

Thanks.

[/list]

Sponsored Links
Just the sort of thing I'm looking for too, so long as it has a backdraught shutter.
A belter mate - cheers :D
John :)

Sponsored Links
This looks spot on, just one question, cant work it out from the pictures, are they a slimline facia I.e sits around 10mm away from the wall as apposed
to the ones which are an inch or more!?

About 3/4'' if my memory serves me. They have the option for a silver grille too.

Give them a ring, they maybe able to suggest other options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back