new oven and extractor with no plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right we will start from beginning .i've just paid 4 ex display oven hob and extractor fan and was told cant have them until there have ad pat test....ok i understand that.so came the day when i was told i can pick them up was told hob didnt pass pat test due 2 having molded plug cutoff oh well thats life.so i picked up other 2 items only 2 find both items dont have any wires ie plug wires from oven and fan.the question i want 2 no should the big store sold me items without plug wires and also manager of store told me the pat tester did a visual test on items .i thought pat testing was more than visual thks

Sponsored Links
ignore the above reply there is a lot of childlish people on here :confused:

sometimes you dont get appliances pre wired.

the best thing to do is get an electrician in to sort it out for you :D

because you will need the right size cable, fuse ect ;)

Sponsored Links
Unusual as it may be, I agree with Banal here.

Please rewrite your question, as it is very difficult to follow exactly what you are getting at.

Is the hob electric? If it is there's no way it should have a 13a plug on it anyway.

Thanks.

Make sure you get a full set of instructions and manuals for each item or you will have problems installing them.

would it not be the case that appliances designed for a plug willl have a flex
and those for hard wiring would have no cable or a bit off twin and earth
or is that too simplistic!!

would it not be the case that appliances designed for a plug willl have a flex
and those for hard wiring would have no cable or a bit off twin and earth
or is that too simplistic!!

Too simplistic

I just installed a small induction hob. 7.2KW. It had flexible cable but requires a direct 32A feed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back