New party to campaign for British values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Labour needs to go back to its roots and start representing the interests of the working class again.
All this stuff about about minority issues like BLM, transgender rights, handing out jobs based on sex, race rather than ability should be sidelined.

Labour doesn't care who votes for it, as long as the votes keep coming! Since Blair, the trick has been to import voters if you cannot get enough of them at home. The "Conservative" Party also does this; both parties are now the same. There are no fixed principles, values or morals in the British political duopoly.

(This also answers SIR GALAHAD'S question: "How does Labour hate the working class").

On a more serious note :rolleyes:, I think the problem with minimum wage is although for a number of people (I wouldn't pretend to know what that figure might be) it did indeed lift their wages, but for many it lowered wages because a bar had been set and companies (greedy ones) took the attitude 'that's all we have to pay them'. Osbornes amendment to 'the living wage' was a step in the right direction but it just set the bar only slightly higher.
Even the living wage sounds pretty lean if you look at the cost of renting, which most of these workers would be.

Make no mistake though, the cost of covid will see another ten years of wage stagnation and a sharp shift to a low wage economy.

Your not making sense. If the minimum wage set the bar as to the minimum companies could pay. You are arguing by removing it they would pay more. lol Using that logic third world countries should have the highest wages around!

You are simply trying to discredit a policy with laughable logic.

We have a service based economy that has low wage growth and low wage productivity. When the Government took the knife to the manufacturing sectors and replaced a secondary sector hob with a tertiary sector job they were not replacing like with like.

If you want to raise wages then have productivity increases and a less renty economy. But all our policies seem to work counter to solving this.

Care to name even one?

Harder now that he deleted his tweets before announcing the new party!

But saying that one black person, who was obviously getting a lot of racist abuse, was not actually affected by racism, then when confronted on this by a black person, telling them that they are racist to suggest he is in no position to decide if a black person is suffering from racist abuse because he's white, is in itself racist.

He also said that a Sikh soldier in the war movie 1917 is distracting for the audience. The fact that he saw a Sikh in a film and immediately found it distracting is rather telling. Most people did not find it out of place or in any way wrong.

He tried to explain it away with "I say quite a lot of unfortunate things. But I think it’s really important that one is able to express one's opinion" - not if you're planning to run a political party and your opinions are, you know, a bit racist!

Oh, and he did a podcast with a right-wing commentator James Delingpole, and said: "The most annoying thing is the minute a black actor - it's the same with working class actors - the minute they've got five million quid in the bank, every interview they do is about how racism is rampant and rife in the industry."

To deny racism exists, to deny it is a problem, is in itself racist. How could a government that thinks racism is not a problem, and black people just use the "racism card" to get what they want, ever solve the problem of racism in the UK?

"It's so easy to throw the charge of racism and it's really starting to get boring now". Laurence Fox

He's a complete ****. Won't get my vote.

Sponsored Links
He’s got more ideas than Keir.
What the hell would Stamer do without hindsight. Clueless. Absolutely no option of his own.

But saying that one black person, who was obviously getting a lot of racist abuse, was not actually affected by racism, then when confronted on this by a black person, telling them that they are racist to suggest he is in no position to decide if a black person is suffering from racist abuse because he's white, is in itself racist.

He also said that a Sikh soldier in the war movie 1917 is distracting for the audience. The fact that he saw a Sikh in a film and immediately found it distracting is rather telling. Most people did not find it out of place or in any way wrong.

He tried to explain it away with "I say quite a lot of unfortunate things. But I think it’s really important that one is able to express one's opinion" - not if you're planning to run a political party and your opinions are, you know, a bit racist!

Oh, and he did a podcast with a right-wing commentator James Delingpole, and said: "The most annoying thing is the minute a black actor - it's the same with working class actors - the minute they've got five million quid in the bank, every interview they do is about how racism is rampant and rife in the industry."

To deny racism exists, to deny it is a problem, is in itself racist. How could a government that thinks racism is not a problem, and black people just use the "racism card" to get what they want, ever solve the problem of racism in the UK?

"It's so easy to throw the charge of racism and it's really starting to get boring now". Laurence Fox

What a load of hogwash.

Your not making sense. If the minimum wage set the bar as to the minimum companies could pay. You are arguing by removing it they would pay more. lol Using that logic third world countries should have the highest wages around!

Supply and demand, competition. If there was a shortage of labour in certain not so well paid sectors, employers would have to pay more or offer some incentive to attract workers away from their competitors, it happened for years didn't it? and still does in most sectors.
Surely minimum wage (and a ready source of cheap foreign labour) has stifled that. £8.72 an hour and that's yer lot. (far less for younger workers).

If the bar is set so that in certain sectors you will earn £8.72 an hour, why budge from that until the govt set an increase into law.

What's the minimum wage for IT contractors these days?

Bang o fillyboy. Why would companies raise there hourly rate when there is a never ending supply of labour willing to work for less. Hence................
Ta.. daaaaaa...... Brexit.... fools., don’t you get it. Thick lefties. Try listening instead of dictating for s change,

You really must have little going on in your life to obsess about this load of twaddle. Seeing offence, real or imaginary, on behalf of others must count as some kind of psychosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back