New party to campaign for British values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laurence Fox has started a new political party for a return to traditional British values.
He has pulled in £5 million in donations already, because he has a posh accent he has been described as a Tommy Robinson figure for the middle and upper classes.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ing-political-party-to-reclaim-british-values.
He could do well, i am waiting for the tee shirts and commerative mugs with his picture on them, they could be collectors items some day.

Sponsored Links
Great, another racist starting a political party on the basis of nationalistic, sorry, traditional British values, that's what this country needs!

So, what are traditional British values? And why does he think that other parties do not have these same values already?
And how does he think a political party will change the values the electorate hold dear - or, if the electorate already follow these values, why is his party needed?

Just another nob trying to get into politics.

The actor, who has been a vocal critic of the BBC, said he wants to reform publicly funded institutions, from media to education, so they are “free from political bias”

Yeah, they all say that. The moment he is in power he will bury that idea!

Sponsored Links
what are traditional British values?

sounds like gammon values to me

I bet the funding is by Tories or Russians via Tories lol.

Putin done it again. Sowing the seeds of discord.

For anyone thats interested, news can be found here (other sources are available) news.google.com

what are traditional British values?

sounds like gammon values to me
No one is quite able to define them, except that we're losing them. As people have been complaining since man first discovered how to make fire to cook food I suspect.

There was a documentary on last week about this, 'twas very interesting. Talked about how the romantics, following the French revolution, starting questioning what national identity was, which gave rise to a lot of nationalistic ideas and poetry (including popular tunes such as Jerusalem)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...imon-schama-series-1-1-passions-of-the-people

Much of what people consider to be British is a relatively new concept, created by philosophers and artists, and then used to politicians to gather support for their own cause. All a bit mad really.

The truth is, we're all individuals with our own values. But this is inconvenient as it is hard to control people with widely differing views and beliefs. So whether you enjoy drinking tea in the afternoon, holidaying in Spain, watching football, listening to classical music, or watching TOWIE, we're made to think that all of these things are uniquely British and unite us.

The same pattern repeats in every country. But we're all really the same, with the same goals and aspirations.

Indeed the much talked of Norwegain and Danish concepts of koselig and hygge and their constant rhetoric of being the happiest nations on the planet is somewhat at odds with their anti depressant consumption.

Surely, it shows the anti-depressants work.

No, it's more of a cultural things, it's socially bad form to state you're unhappy. Besides a chemically induced happiness, if such a thing happens is hardly a state of true happiness is it.

No, it's more of a cultural things, it's socially bad form to state you're unhappy. Besides a chemically induced happiness, if such a thing happens is hardly a state of true happiness is it.
AFAIK, anit depressants don't make you happy. They just ty to stop you feeling like there is no hope left in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back