Populism, from a Political Philosophical viewpoint.

Sponsored Links
Stand as an MP if you are so concerned Notch.
Funny you should say that:
upload_2021-1-4_14-36-55.png

Probably. His emergence was against all odds, yet he became leader of the party most likely to stand as the the one with the most integrity (whatever you think of his politics), and the one most opposed to populism (you could argue that Blair et al, was more reliant on populism).
So. yes, due to the rise of populism in UK politics, Corbyn emerged as the one most likely to oppose it, and the one least likely to exploit it, at that time, and from the list of prospective candidates.
Try this for a read about Corbyn:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/23/the-astonishing-rise-of-jeremy-corbyn
Corbyn and Trump had a lot in common, they both marketed themselves as outsiders and champions of the little man who would take on the elites. Blair on the other hand Brown nosed the rich and famous in order to get into their club.
Public disgust at Blairs lies and his decision to allow unrestricted immigration from Eastern Europe fueled the demand for UK exit from the EU.
One reason we have a profound distrust of politics and politicians is because of Blair and people like him.

Sponsored Links
Corbyn and Trump had a lot in common, they both marketed themselves as outsiders and champions of the little man who would take on the elites.
I think that was all they had in common. I can't agree that Trump marketed himself as the little man, rather the overblown champion.

Blair on the other hand Brown nosed the rich and famous in order to get into their club.
Not sure I agree with that. But it's an observation about his manner rather than a political one.

Public disgust at Blairs lies and his decision to allow unrestricted immigration from Eastern Europe fueled the demand for UK exit from the EU.
I think you are conflating several unrelated issues.
Certainly the public were disgusted over the lies relating to the Iraq war.
There was naivety involved in immigration from the newly ceded nations to the EU, not any lies as I recall.

One reason we have a profound distrust of politics and politicians is because of Blair and people like him.
I only partly agree with you on that, and only relating to the Iraq war.
Johnson, and others have well cemented that public distrust in politicians.

Back