New patio water run off advice needed :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guy's

we are in the process of designing a new patio to go with our new conservatory. Work starts next month

attached is a picture of our plan but there is an issue which springs to mind namely drainage.

As there side access gate is to be moved we want it to be ground level to outside avoiding a step up/down into the garden.

The issue is it is mid way along the whole length of the patio from the existing conservatory to the lawn edge. I have assumed a door to lawn drop of 100mm (?) for flow.

which means the relocated gate will be roughly half way or 50mm higher than ground zero and the step will be wedge shaped..

The old patio slabs were sand dusted not cemented so water would drain between but this one is to be cement pointed so we must do something...

So my main question is another way of making sure the patio won't pool with water without a step up for the gate....

Could I for instance have a gully break half way and treat it as two patios and reduce the slope that way?

Advice most welcome..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back