new potterton fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the new fan assembly for the potterton 100 has a three wire connector(earth and 2 connectors to the transformer), the old one is a four wire system (red to capacitor).

Any idea on which wire goes where? :confused:

Good detective work guys - sorry about that it is a suprima. I was thinking of rewiring it without the cap! Thaxs

Sponsored Links
3 wire connector should plug in to fan wiring plug which then goes to board and plugs into PL5 :confused:

whats a potterton 100?, never heard of it....guessing you are missing out an important word in the model description and also have the wrong fan.

ollski said:
whats a potterton 100?, never heard of it....guessing you are missing out an important word in the model description and also have the wrong fan.

I assumed he means the Combi 100 :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No there is a Suprima 100

And I think you need to change the PCB to install your new fan

Potterton

"always striving to get that last pound outta ya pocket"

You are right of course cm it is a suprima 100 with the sifan model fan with the externnal capacitor. I know you are supposed to change the fan if you replace the pcb but not sure about the other way around. correct part number is 5000860.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back