Potterton Fan Impeller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anyone know if I can get a spare fan impeller for a Potterton Suprima 60L?

I have one where one of the 5 blades has broken off and Potterton are telling me that I'll need a whole new assembly.

Any help, much appreciated.

Graham

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the little plastic impellor on top of the fan if so dont worry about it they are for cooling and fan will work perfectly ok without them

Yep dont worry about it . There are loads out there working perfectly well without them at all

Sponsored Links
if you can get one i would put one on. it will work without it but for how long is anyones guess.

Years,
Do you honestly think it cools down the motor that much Nickso considering the temp being discharged by the flue gases and heat within the boiler case.

dunno mate. it was put there for a reason though.

if i had the choice between a cheap (hopefully) plastic impellor andthe chance of a reasonably pricey fan possibly within a few years i know what i'd choose. but if i couldnt find a plastic impellor then i'd say **** it and live with it. :LOL:

but if i couldnt find a plastic impellor then i'd say **** it and live with it. :LOL:

Can't say I've been able to find one - certainly not made by potterton. Whether there's a generic one lurking about the net, I don't know.
It's ridiculous that they don't have them as spares and instead, tell me to buy a new fan assembly at £150!

They are fitted to provide additional cooling for the fan motor.

Many fans dont have them!

On your model and the others without motor coolers it does not seem to make any big difference to the longevity of the fans even if they do fall off.

Graham, you have evidently opened the combustion chamber for some reason otherwise you would not have broken/seen the fan. Be aware that only gas safe registered engineers should be opening that area for safety reasons.

Tony

you can get the impellors seperate....ive had them as vanstock before....i cant help you with a supplier as i get all my stuff delivered.......sometimes.

You are quite right, there is less risk opening a can of beans than a boiler's combustion chamber.

Conversely there is MORE risk opening the boiler.

Its well appreciated that non gas qualified people should not tough gas related parts of a boiler.

You are quite right, there is less risk opening a can of beans than a boiler's combustion chamber.

Conversely there is MORE risk opening the boiler.

Its well appreciated that non gas qualified people should not tough gas related parts of a boiler.

oops. i meant more risk. sorry turdy.

i'll be sure to tell any non gas people not to tough any gas related parts of a boiler. i'm sure they will be scared by the toughness of those parts.

remember folks.....don't tough them gas parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back