new rad on a microbore system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to fit a new rad to my existing microbore heating system. Can I just T it off from existing pipework to a rad or is something more complex required?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
you cannae tee it of and existing rad (well if you want it to work that is)

you must come of the manifolds

complicated this plumbing lark aint it

;)

FatGit said:
Hi,

I need to fit a new rad to my existing microbore heating system. Can I just T it off from existing pipework to a rad or is something more complex required?

Ta.

Yep just tee off from any flow`return & make a nice new shiny rad ;)

oh.

I will get a plumber in then.

Ta.

BTW: Why do you have to connect to the manifold (wtf?) and not Tee of as normal?

Sponsored Links
quote="FatGit"]oh.

I will get a plumber in then.

Ta.

BTW: Why do you have to connect to the manifold (wtf?) and not Tee of as normal?

You don`t Moron, in fact, yes, you do & you have to rip up your floorboards until you find the non existent manifold ;)

What like this one?

img009-1.jpg

;) :LOL:

Dan_Robinson said:
What like this one?

img009-1.jpg

;) :LOL:

yep, exactly like this one, but obviously with the motor head attached to the two port valve.:cool:

Note to all Divs, just because your heating & rads are fed in 10mm, doesn`t mean you will have a manifold. :rolleyes: For F*ucks sake :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm leaving this job to a plumber. Sounds well above my abilities.

Thanks again.

corgiman said:
YAWWN

but 9 times out of ten you will have a manifold

Really, when`s the last you installed a heating system? Nowadays one hit merchants fit the boiler & bang everything in 10mm. Not a manifold in sight. You may want to stifle that yawn. :oops:

I must say that it has been a while since I installed a system on a site that would allow this shabby installation practice.

and I would whack a micro bor system in with manifolds because I would be the one who has to return when is doesnt work (unlike the house bashers)

so forgive me if i dont stifle my yawn just yet bamber

PS

thanks for making me laugh out loud recently, you crack me up you do. you argumentative git you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back