New radiator - 15mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm doing a garage conversion and looking at options on fitting a radiator in there. I've got a radiator line from upstairs that I was going to tee into. Its 15mm pipe and all the have 8mm microbore that tees into it. I've got a combi boiler, not expecting many issues with that for now.

What would you do? I'm thinking of running the same so extending the 15mm piping and then running microbore off it. Is plastic a better choice over copper? I'd prefer to go for the value option. So not necessarily the cheapest but whats best value for the money.

Its not going to be too big a radiator. At most 1400mm wide.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Adding a new rad to an existing system technically requires notification but usually this will be self certified by whoever does the work.

It would be worth doubling the size of the rad (or calculating its correct size) so it's ready for lower flow temperatures.

Sponsored Links
Adding a new rad to an existing system technically requires notification but usually this will be self certified by whoever does the work.
I thought the regs and notification only applied to the gas side of things? Seriously, is adding a radiator into a heating system notifyable?

Replacing doesn't but additional does. I guess to make sure you don't just stick a rad on an existing system in an uninsulated space and ruin it's compliance to part L?

Replacing doesn't but additional does. I guess to make sure you don't just stick a rad on an existing system in an uninsulated space and ruin it's compliance to part L?
Oh the room is being fully insulated. It'll either be on a cavity wall insulated with PIR or an internal wall (which is also cavity with insulation as its garage conversion). So assuming that should be ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back