New Radiator advice please.

1. Assuming your old radiator was an 800 x 600 double with single convector fins (T21) it would have had a heat output of around 1.1 kW.
2. The new one has a specified heat output of around 1.7 kW.
3. Even allowing for the different heat patterns of a vertical V a standard radiator, I would expect it to be no worse than, and probably slightly better than, the old one in terms of room heating.

OK That sounds good then :) Thank you.

Sponsored Links
No problem mate ask away, the problem with rads in a bathroom is the fairer sex insist on covering them with towels so they struggle to heat the room , no matter how many times you explain this to her she will do it :rolleyes:

Ahh right again, thats what she always does :)

Thanks a lot.

I, for one are sick of these things, as a plumber/gas bod, I turn up for a simple rad swap only to find cust has bought one of these abominations, full of rust, only to find the original pipes are the wrong orientation, a 20 min job turns into an eternity.:rolleyes:

I, for one are sick of these things, as a plumber/gas bod, I turn up for a simple rad swap only to find cust has bought one of these abominations, full of rust, only to find the original pipes are the wrong orientation, a 20 min job turns into an eternity.:rolleyes:

LOL, I'm sure you had your fill of that :)

Sponsored Links
If I got the plumber access to the pipes from the bedroom side, is it a difficult job changing them around?

Would it take long ?

If I got the plumber access to the pipes from the bedroom side, is it a difficult job changing them around?

Would it take long ?
Nope not a difficult job, how long depends on who is doing it, you simply have two pipes , you cut them and swap them over and join them again , needs two straight couplers, nothing hard about it

Looking at the data sheet, the rad has 4 spigots. Inlet outlet is noted on sides.

Can it simply be rotated 180 deg? (Around the axis of your finger if you point at it)

If there are top/bottom entries, then this will reverse the flow without further hastle.

Just a thought.

Is a lot simpler than changing the pipes. Take the radiator off and you should be able to take out the black rubber block inside the radiator on the left hand side. Re insert it into right hand side job done. There all
Removable usually. You can always ring the manufacture and find out. Will
Save you loads of extra work.

I like the idea of ringing the manufacturer before riping into the plasterwork, that's good advice.

I like the idea of ringing the plumber and getting him to do it and sort it properly for you better.

On reflection, the rad manufacturer does not know the orientation of everyone's plumbing so these rads are highly likely to be fitted with flow/return interchangeable in some way, either by orientation, or internal adjustment.

Best of luck

Take the radiator off and you should be able to take out the black rubber block inside the radiator on the left hand side. Re insert it into right hand side job done. There all
Removable usually. You can always ring the manufacture and find out. Will
Save you loads of extra work.

I like the sound of that...... I will do that first thing on Monday morning.

I like the idea of ringing the manufacturer before riping into the plasterwork, that's good advice.

I like the idea of ringing the plumber and getting him to do it and sort it properly for you better.

On reflection, the rad manufacturer does not know the orientation of everyone's plumbing so these rads are highly likely to be fitted with flow/return interchangeable in some way, either by orientation, or internal adjustment.

Best of luck

Thanks,Iive just text the plumber :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back