New radiator on one pipe system, is this ok?

The tee from the main pipe needs to be well away from the first tee.

I was going to suggest that the first pipe go into the tapping at the top of the rad, but something tells me that won'#t make much difference here.

;)

Sponsored Links
correctly installed

Is the key... thankfully though I only have a few on my books to worry about. Some of the modern rads just don't get the heat up off the loop. Seem it with a couple of systems where the old rads are fine, but the newer panel rads just get tepid.

Suppose it could be down to the valves used.

How About every time I want it to get hot I turn off the inlet valve lool!

Sponsored Links
Both ends need to connect directly to the main circuit, they also need rise continuously to the valves.

Then it will short circuit around the pipe rather than through the rad , just tee off the other side making sure the two tees off the one pipe ring are spaced appart the same length as the radiator , if you have a 600mm radiator space the tees around 600mm , if not the flow through the ring will not 'see' any resistance and shoot straight passed the two tees. :eek: , we call this 'closely spaced tees' to which the function being NO FLOW THROUGH YOUR RADIATOR. :eek:

How About every time I want it to get hot I turn off the inlet valve lool!

How about you do it properly as per my post or not bothered because it will never work otherwise.

Dan the type of valves must be the high lift, full flow ones. bit like a low pressure ballvalve V a high pressure one.

Ok cheers for all your help guys.

I'm going to do it tomorrow.

I really appreciate your time, it was a silly mistake which would've cost me more than an hour of my time if you hadn't all posted, so thank you!

'closely spaced tees' are good...if ya put a pump on it :cool:

works a bit like a low loss header then :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back