New radiator too wide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I swapped an old single wall for a double wall radiator. I read that you measure radiators from the side, not the valves. I could have sworn that it was 1200mm (it certainly was not 1149mm) but the new one is also 1200mm but obviously looks too large.

The valves that came with the Drayton RT212 look a little too long (looks like 1cm to play with on each valve), could I replace with really short valve tails?

The pipes leak when the pressure is turned up. How do I fix this? What have I done wrong?
DSC_0458_noexif.JPG
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The pipes and olives must go into the valves "square", not at any angle. The pipe work needs modifying.

Nozzle

You could drill the floor and see if there's movement in the pipe to bring them square. You won't get shorter tails than the standard ones that came with the radiator valves.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I bought a smaller radiator and attached it along with telescopic radiator valve extensions. No leaks now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back