New Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace a single radiator with a double and need to extend the flow and return pipes (8mm copper) to the radiator valves using Yorkshire pre-soldered couplings. Question? Are Yorkshires suitable? and if theyare is it necessary to double solder each joint? I have a Worcester 18i system boiler running at 2.25 bar.

Sponsored Links
Solder ring fittings are absolutely fine, just make sure the pipe is empty, clean and fluxed.
I always like to dab a bit more solder on, but it isn't really necessary...dip that in the flux pot too.
John :)

Many thanks for your advice John, If I were to put an extra dab of solder on the joints, please can you tell me the easy way to solder the bottom edge as it is near to the floor. Thanks again, Bill

Sponsored Links
The heat will transfer itself right around the pipe and to both ends of the joint, no problems - but I would use a heat resistant mat to protect paintwork, skirtings etc.
It could be worth while buying a couple of bits to practice with, if you're new to this - a common mistake is to overheat the joint.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back